Newman Traffic Signs
Jamestown, North Dakota
For over 60 years, Newman Signs has been building distinguished, visible signs for the private and public sectors. We specialize in traffic sign manufacturing, traffic control and safety, specialty printing and outdoor advertising. Over the years, we have grown our business to serve the continental United States and Alaska, with a heavy focus in the Upper Midwest.
Newman Traffic Signs, our traffic sign division, produces both standard and custom signs that are known for quality, durability and effectiveness in promoting safety on the roads. Our vast product line, which includes a full selection of installation hardware and accessories, makes us your one-stop shop for all your traffic sign needs. We proudly manufacture our signs here in Jamestown, ND.
This position would involve quality assurance measures before and after production, perform finishing operations, report inventory levels and stock to be reordered to manager, working in a fast-paced environment creating amazing products for our customers. As a Production Assistant, team work is a must have as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. We would love to have you join the Newman team!
• Performs quality assurance measures pre- and post-production
• Performs finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed pieces
• Weeds excess vinyl from computer cut images
• Establishes and maintains effective team relationships with all support departments of the company
• Reports inventory levels and stock to be reordered to the center manager/production manager
• Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Work well with your hands to make incredible products for our customers
• Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing) must be perfected
• Ability to work well under pressure to output high volume as well as quality work
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time as well as lift 25 lbs. or more
• Ability to lean over a waist-high table and use back forth hand motions to apply vinyl letters and graphics to substrate
Hours of Work:
• 5-day workweek, Mon-Thur, 6:00 am to 3:30 pm – Fri, 6:00 am – 10:00 am.
• No travel required
• High school diploma / GED
Newman Signs Inc. offers competitive pay and benefits, vacation time, and sick time. Here are a few examples: • Health, Dental & Vision Insurance • Employer Paid Life & Disability • 401(k) • Health Saving Account • Flexible Spending Accounts • Employee Assistance Program • Great working environment!
Newman Signs is an equal opportunity employer and complies fully with all federal, state, and local employment laws and will provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, the presence of any mental or physical disability, status regarding public assistance or marriage, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.