Newman Urban Department
Jamestown, North Dakota
For over 60 years, Newman Signs has been building distinguished, visible signs for the private and public sectors. We specialize in traffic sign manufacturing, traffic control and safety, specialty printing and outdoor advertising. Over the years, we have grown our business to serve the continental United States and Alaska, with a heavy focus in the Upper Midwest.
The Urban Construction Division of Newman Signs functions primarily as a subcontractor on road, bridge and infrastructure construction projects throughout North Dakota and parts of South Dakota. Newman Signs furnishes and installs the following types of bid items: traffic control signs and devices, permanent signage and overhead sign structures, guard rail and crash attenuation devices, as well as right of way fence and marker systems. The Urban Construction Division Assistant Manager will be involved in the projects from the estimating phase through project completion.
- Estimating, including material quantity take-offs, and soliciting supplier quotes.
- Production and distribution of quotes to prime contractors.
- Contract negotiation and administration.
- Daily communication with project engineers, field personnel, prime contractor personnel and Newman Signs upper management.
- Creating and maintaining crew work schedules.
- Administration of change orders, submittals, written correspondence, punch lists and project finalization documentation.
- Attend pre-construction conferences held by prime contractors.
- Daily troubleshooting.
- Tracking of all project progressive estimates and payments.
- Daily and weekly project status reporting to upper management.
- Coordination of Urban Construction Division crews involved in projects for other divisions of Newman Signs Inc.
- Assist in gathering accurate financial project cost information for the purpose of producing accurate per unit costs.
- Oversee the production of shop drawings for fabricated goods.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- Must be willing to work on road crew to learn the business and oversee projects to completion.
- Proactive team leader and management of all crew members.
- Must be able to multi-task, organize and follow up on all details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand highway construction plans and specifications.
- Excellent public relations. Position involves attending AGC meetings and conferences.
- Specific knowledge of the road, bridge, and infrastructure construction industry.
- Computer skills are an absolute MUST (Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer, estimating software & CAD systems).
Hours of Work:
Monday through Friday between the hours of 6am and 5pm.
Travel is often required during the construction season.
A minimum of one-year experience as a Construction Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager in commercial construction is preferred.
Acquisition of CDL required
Newman Signs Inc. offers competitive pay and benefits, vacation time, and sick time. Here are a few examples: • Health, Dental & Vision Insurance • Employer Paid Life & Disability • 401(k) • Health Saving Account • Flexible Spending Accounts • Employee Assistance Program • Great working environment!
Newman Signs is an equal opportunity employer and complies fully with all federal, state, and local employment laws and will provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, the presence of any mental or physical disability, status regarding public assistance or marriage, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.