Newman Urban Department
Jamestown, North Dakota
For over 60 years, Newman Signs has been building distinguished, visible signs for the private and public sectors. We specialize in traffic sign manufacturing, traffic control and safety, specialty printing and outdoor advertising. Over the years, we have grown our business to serve the continental United States and Alaska, with a heavy focus in the Upper Midwest.
Newman Traffic Signs, our traffic sign division, produces both standard and custom signs that are known for quality, durability and effectiveness in promoting safety on the roads. Our vast product line, which includes a full selection of installation hardware and accessories, makes us your one-stop shop for all your traffic sign needs. We proudly manufacture our signs here in Jamestown, ND.
This position would involve installing signage, traffic control devices, guardrail and crash attenuation devices, and other marker systems at road construction projects through out ND and northeast SD. As an Urban Laborer, traveling with your team members is required with transportation, lodging, and meals are paid by Newman Signs. We would love to have you join the Newman team!
- Responsible for installing traffic control devices, signage, guardrail and crash attenuation devices, right of way fence and marker systems at road construction projects throughout ND and northeast SD
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and business ethic codes
- Report all safety concerns to road crew lead/manager
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able o climb and be comfortable with heights
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a CDL
Hours of Work:
- Seasonal position working Monday through Friday with 45+ hours per week (overtime is paid after 40)
- Travel is required
- High school diploma / GED
Newman Signs Inc. offers competitive pay and benefits, vacation time, and sick time. Here are a few examples: • Health, Dental & Vision Insurance • Employer Paid Life & Disability • 401(k) • Health Saving Account • Flexible Spending Accounts • Employee Assistance Program • Great working environment!
Newman Signs is an equal opportunity employer and complies fully with all federal, state, and local employment laws and will provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, the presence of any mental or physical disability, status regarding public assistance or marriage, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.